NEERJAAL : THE ROAD AHEAD
Upcoming efforts include expanding the bottomup information system across the country for village-based local data. For this, we have to make the Neerjaal web application even more flexible and easily modifiable to accommodate local requirements of different areas. Eventually, the long-term vision of Neerjaal is to allow each and every villager and village/inhabitation to put their water data on the public domain.
Neerjaal What is UNIQUE?
- 1st Village-based Interactive System.
- Complete Drinking Water and Sanitation status at the village level.
- Immediate Recall.
- Web-based; Transparent; Open & Simple to Access.
Information on quality and quantity of water collected by community and tested by community.
Information on water availability to/for the village community, its distance, and amount.
Village –> Community –> Training –> Data Collection –> Testing & Authentication –> Data Feeding –> Cleaning –> Integration with Database & Web
Rain water harvesting
Mobile Water Testing Kit
NeerJaal : What it is not?
- No Secondary Data.
- Not a portal info collected from other websites & links.
- Not a centralized data collection system.
- Not a Top-Down Information System.
- Not a Pilot but an idea of Mass Movement.
NEERJAAL IS NOT
- A collection of secondary data.
- A centralised data collection system.
- A top-down information system.
- A pilot but an idea for mass participation.
SEARCH IN WEBSITE
Global Access to safe Drinking water Increased, sanitation lagging Behind, WHO-UNICEF Report Finds… more >>
UP Fares bad on rural sanitation… more >>
Panchayats must have a crucial role in spreading hygience: Pratibha pati… more >>
Brainstorm to end water, sanitation problems… more >>
Rural Drinking water Systems… more >>